The Office of Academic Linkages has an overall supervisory role on Constituent Colleges especially. The Coordinator of Academic Linkages convenes the Inspection of Constituent and Affiliated Colleges. He peruses programmes of colleges and presents them to the CUEA SENATE for evaluation before the acceptance. The office is instrumental in Signing of Memoranda, and conventions formation of new constituent and affiliated colleges and seminaries.
We are at an advanced stage of affiliation with:
Inquiries on affiliation have been received from:
This year, the Academic Linkages Office facilitated collaboration with other Universities. It coordinated the signing of the Memorandum of Understand between CUEA and other universities. For example, the latest MOU was signed in July 2010 between CUEA and Providence University/Taiwan.
This office facilitates staff and students exchange. Last Semester we had two students here in CUEA from St Benedict College and St Johnâ€™s University Minnesota/US who took some courses in the Faculty of Art and Social Sciences. The Office also recommends many students from CUEA who would like to go to other universities, facilitates transfer of credits from out to CUEA or vice versa. We facilitate our students to get in touch with any university they want to enroll to. We help our students to get to the University of their Choice either because they get a scholarship or because they just want to change the university. For example Mr Edward Kioko, the student who got a scholarship because of being the best student at the last graduation, we facilitated all his process of registration at Liverpool Hope University.
Memorandum of Understanding has been signed with:
Other universities we closely collaborate with include:
The Office Academic Linkages facilitates CUEAâ€™s membership to associations of higher learning. The Office is in constant communication with these associations and makes sure CUEA has paid membership fee, look for and check the possibilities of partnership or collaboration in the domain of staff exchange, students exchange, proposals, etc. For example, a CUEA staff member is going to Ghana for Staff Exchange Programme through the Association of African Universities. CUEA is member of the:
1. International Association of Universities (IAU)
2. Association of Common Wealth University (ACU)
3. International Federation of Catholic Universities (IFCU)
4. Association African Universities (AAU).
5. Association of Catholic University and Higher Institutes of Africa and Madagascar (ACUHIAM)
6. Inter-University Council of East Africa (IUCEA)
7. Council for Catholic Higher Education in AMECEA Region (CCHEAR)
The Academic Linkages Office updates the information on CUEA at the above associations.
Other activities of the Linkages Office include:
- The Office also coordinates the Distant Learning Programme between CUEA and the Institute of Religious Studies (IRS), Eritrea that would like to offer the CUEA Programme of a Bachelor degree in Education
- We have a Resource Centre on academic linkages, collaboration and partnership; many staff borrow books in our resource centre.
P.O. Box 62157 - code 00200 Nairobi
P.O. Box 1580 Kisumu
P.O. Box 908 code 30100 Eldoret