AMECEA Pastoral Institute
- Published on Thursday, 09 May 2013 07:20
About the Institute
AMECEA Pastoral Institute (API-GABA) was established as a Catholic Pastoral Institute in 1967 in Gaba, Uganda. The Institute was moved to its current premises in Eldoret, Kenya in 1976.
Since inception, the Institute has been offering a nine month Pastoral Diploma Renewal Programme to lay professionals, religious men and women and the clergy from the AMECEA region and other African countries.
In July 2008 at the AMECEA Plenary in Lusaka – Zambia, the Bishops elevated the Institute to the level of a Campus of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA). We are now so happy to introduce
three Diploma courses in our institute.
Mission of API
The mission is to promote research and to nurture and develop knowledgeable and up to date agents of evangelization and integral human development, with commitment to Transforming societies and enhancing Christian living.
The Institute is located in Eldoret Town, approximately 5Kms from the town centre, along the Eldoret-Kapsabet-Kisumu Road, near the Eldoret Polytechnic.
Courses on Offer
- Diploma in Evangelization and Catechesis
- Diploma in Pastoral Ministry & Management
- Diploma in Counselling Psychology
- Diploma in Conflict Management and Peace Building
- Conflict Management, Counseling, Peace Building, Healing & Reconciliation Workshop
- Church Management and Administration
A Certificate shall be awarded to those who successfully complete the workshop
Renewal and Sabbatical Year
We are really honoured and happy to introduce renewal and sabbatical year for pastoral agents in the Amecea region and beyond. This programme is unique and special because we offer a nine month course of revitalization and ongoing academic reflection to pastoral agents after working for many years.
Renewal and Sabbatical year Participants will only audit ten units from either of the Diploma courses according to their areas of interest and write only three papers so as to be awarded a certificate.
- Formal application is made on a form obtained from the Institute’s Admission Office or our website: www.cuea.edu
- All applications should be completed in full attaching copies of relevant academic documents, to be submitted together with a non-refundable application fee’s bank slip of Ksh. 1000 (16US$)
- The application fee should be paid in favour of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa through:
COMMERCIAL BANK OF AFRICA A/C N0.5-152580-004
COOPERATIVE BANK OF KENYA A/C NO.0112905722200
Equity Bank A/C N0.061-0292352491
(Ongata rongai Branch)
We will send you the fees structure for the course you have chosen as soon as we receive your application letter.
Travel, Medical and personal expenses will be the responsibility of the participant.
NB: Please furnish us with your reliable address or email address for speedy and reliable communication
The Director/Programme Coordinator
Catholic University of Eastern Africa
API – Eldoret
P.O. Box 908
30100 ELDORET – Kenya
Tel: 254 53 20 62 153
Mobile: 0728 458 276
Fax: 254 53 20 33 658